30 MINUTES | NOT TOO TRICKY | SERVES 4
- Frying pan
- 200g Dried Red Split Peas (not from a can)
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 1 Small Piece of Pandan Leaves
- 200 ml of Coconut Milk
- 200 ml of Tap Water
- Wash the split peas and add them to a small saucepan.
Chop the garlic and the red onion, and add to the split peas.
- Add all the spices, the curry and pandan leaves. Add 200 ml water and half of the coconut milk. Add salt and mix everything with a spoon.
- Now set the pan on a medium fire, put the lid on, and cook for 10-15 minutes. From time to time, mix the curry. After 10-15 minutes, the split peas have absorbed all the water and coconut milk.
- It is time to add the last bit of coconut milk, mix everything well, cook for five minutes without the lid, and taste for salt.
- And then your curry is ready. This is the easiest Sri Lankan curry out there!